A new study has revealed the top 10 NFL teams with the best fan engagement and the Miami Dolphins feature in 10th place after receiving an engagement score of 5.54 out of 10. So, how does this compare to the rest of the league?
The team at Bleacher Nation have looked at each NFL team’s social media engagement, YouTube subscribers, home attendance rates, and the number of Google searches for the team between February 2022 and January 2023 to reveal the teams with the most engaged fans.You can view the full research here: https://www.bleachernation.com/nfl-fan-engagement/
Top 10 NFL teams with the highest fan engagement
|Rank||Team||TikTok||YouTube Subscribers||2022 Home Attendance||Annual Google Searches||Engagement Score /10|
|1||Kansas City Chiefs||0.34%||4.04%||11.94%||344,000||101%||31,109,000||9.03|
|2||San Francisco 49ers||0.11%||4.63%||11.89%||253,000||105%||17,511,000||8.22|
|7||Los Angeles Chargers||0.20%||1.97%||11.93%||166,000||98%||4,023,000||5.85|
The research also revealed the following about the Miami Dolphins:
- Miami Dolphins’ social media content has been named the 21st most engaging in the NFL, after receiving a social media engagement score of 4.1/10.
- Miami Dolphins’ 2022 home attendance rate of 102% is the 4th highest in the NFL.
- Last year, there were over 35,556,000 google searches for the Miami Dolphins, the 4th most in the league.
- With over 99,300 YouTube subscribers, the Miami Dolphins are the 23rd most subscribed to NFL team.
Further findings from the study have shown that:
- The Philadelphia Eagles have the most YouTube subscribers of any NFL team, totalling 371,000. Only two other teams have more than 300,000 subscribers with Kansas City Chiefs and Dallas Cowboys having 344,000 and 319,000 subscribers respectively.
- The team inspiring the most Google searches is The Dallas Cowboys, with over 80 million worldwide searches in the last year. This is nearly 40 million searches more than the Buffalo Bills’ annual search volume of 49 million who have been named the second most searched team.
- The San Francisco 49ers have the highest attendance rate in the league, at 105%. The Indianapolis Colts narrowly took second place with an attendance rate of 104%, whilst the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ 103% attendance rate is the third highest in the NFL.
You can view the full findings again by clicking here.