It’s hard to believe the end-of-year holidays are here already! Now is the time to make sure we have those holiday shopping lists ready. While you are brainstorming for holiday gifts, let me offer an option you may not have considered: orthodontic treatment. There is truly no better gift than a beautiful smile, so why not add braces or Invisalign to your list? Orthodontic treatment can be not only a creative gift for yourself or someone you love but also practical and timeless.
Here are five reasons why orthodontic treatment is the best holiday gift you can give:
- Aesthetics: The most familiar reason for doing orthodontic treatment is to have straight teeth. Everyone wants to look their best, and a beautiful smile is one essential component of that goal. Your smile is one of the first features someone sees when they look at your face.
- Better oral health: Orthodontic treatments such as braces or Invisalign do not just make your teeth look attractive. If your teeth are misaligned, you may, in fact, have issues with brushing or flossing properly, which can mean that you’re more likely to develop cavities or gum problems. When your teeth are straight, you will ultimately be better able to take care of your teeth and maintain proper oral health for the rest of your life.
- Improved bite: You may also have problems with your bite, which could lead to issues with chewing and eating. Bite problems can also lead to worn teeth and other long-term dental issues. Fixing your bite will allow for the correct interdigitation of your teeth and proper function moving forward.
- Increased self-confidence: A beautiful smile naturally equates to elevated self-assurance. Many people find themselves smiling and laughing more openly after completing orthodontic treatment simply because they are proud of their beautiful straight teeth. I have personally witnessed countless cases of patients who would not even smile for photos prior to having braces and then were beaming from ear to ear after their orthodontic treatment.
- Numerous options: New advancements in technology have led to more treatment options for straightening teeth. Traditional metal braces as well as clear (ceramic) braces are significantly more comfortable and efficient than they used to be. Most notably, though, clear aligner therapy such as Invisalign is an equally effective alternative to traditional braces with the benefits of enhanced aesthetics and comfort. It involves tooth movement through a series of clear, removable aligners. Invisalign is the most popular orthodontic treatment option among adults in my practice. It is also becoming increasingly the treatment of choice for younger patients and even children requiring early or phase 1 orthodontics. Invisalign Teen and Invisalign First, respectively, are targeted specifically for these age groups and are highly effective for their specific orthodontic needs.
Whether you have been naughty or nice this year, you deserve a perfect smile! For so many reasons, there is no more meaningful gift than that of orthodontic treatment. So, don’t hesitate … make a beautiful smile your priority this holiday season. Your smile is important to us at Pinecrest Orthodontics. Please call us for a complimentary initial orthodontic evaluation and let us help you fulfill your holiday wish.