With countless ways to enjoy the holiday season from decorating and hosting parties to wintertime activities, it’s a perfect time to bring family and friends together for some festive fun. One simple ingredient can be your go-to for just about any tradition: popcorn, which is an inexpensive, versatile, whole grain that makes holiday occasions better.
Visit popcorn.org to find more sweet, salty and savory holiday recipe ideas.
Gingersnap Popcorn Snack Mix
Yield: 2 quarts
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black or white pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread popcorn on baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine sugar substitute, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and freshly ground pepper; sprinkle evenly over popcorn.
- Spray again with nonstick cooking spray and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake 7 minutes and serve warm.
Easy, Elegant Holiday Popcorn
Yield: 8 cups
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- candy sprinkles
- On serving platter, spread popcorn in thin layer.
- Over double boiler or in microwave, melt milk chocolate chips. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Over double boiler or in microwave, melt white chocolate chips. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Sprinkle candy sprinkles over warm, chocolate-coated popcorn. Allow drizzles to set until firm.