Whether you already regularly exfoliate your body or you want to add this step into your regular skincare routine, there are many simple ways you can make sure you’re getting the most out of your body scrub. What are some of the benefits of using a body scrub? Regular exfoliation rids the skin of dead skin cells and clogged pores, which means “goodbye” dull skin and “hello” soft, glowing complexion. That being said, there are a few questions that people have when it comes to using body scrubs.
From understanding which type of product is best to general questions like how often to use body scrub per week, visit this page. We’re going to show you exactly how to get the most out of this amazing skincare ritual. Take a look:
Choose your scrub
For anyone interested in adding regular exfoliation to their self-care routine, the first thing to do is to choose the right body scrub for you. The most common types of scrubs you probably hear about are sugar and sea salt. Salt scrubs are packed with detoxifying properties that work wonders in cleansing the skin. But if you have dry, more sensitive skin, you may want to consider a sugar scrub, as the smaller particles tend to be less aggressive on the skin while still exfoliating.
Whichever one you choose, the most important thing is to make sure you have a body scrub that’s gentle and best targets your unique skincare needs!
Tips to use a body scrub
With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the steps you can follow to enjoy all the benefits of your body scrub!
- Shower in lukewarm water. First, make sure that the water temperature in your shower or bathtub isn’t too hot. You want to aim for lukewarm to slightly warm water to help avoid any irritation or inflammation of the skin.
- Remember that less is always best. You don’t need a lot of body scrub to get the job done, so just start with a small amount in your hand and see where that gets you.
- Be gentle. Keep in mind that body scrubs are already tougher on the skin, so there’s no need for any aggressive scrubbing. Gently rub the product in small circular motions into your skin.
- Exfoliate first, shave after. The best time to shave is after using your body scrub when your skin is rid of any dead skin cells that could clog the blade. So if you do want to shave, remember to exfoliate before, not after.
- Pat your skin dry. Once you’re done showering, gently pat your skin dry, leaving it only slightly damp.
- Moisturize! And finally, it’s super important to moisturize after using a body scrub. If you’re exfoliating tougher areas of the skin, like the elbows, knees, or feet, consider a special cream to apply to the area after. Use your moisturizer immediately after showering while your skin is still damp to help lock in as much moisture as possible.
Now, you’re probably wondering how often to use body scrub. The general rule of thumb is to start with once a week and then gradually work your way up to three to four times a week. You don’t want to use your body scrub more than this though, as too much exfoliating can actually dry out the skin. See how your skin reacts and then go from there! Read here more information about skin care and mental health.