Celebrate the fun of Fall (and the beginning of entertaining season) by using the inspiration around us to make every celebration special. From holiday tips to culinary comforts, here’s how we’re embracing autumn… Miami style.
10 Ideas for Unique Fall Entertaining
- Embrace the South Florida weather by hosting dinner outdoors. Simple (and easy-to-find) lanterns make for simple centerpieces that add light and ambiance.
- Create a signature cocktail for the adults in attendance. Try a hard cider sangria: simply mix hard cider, lemon juice, apple brandy and fresh apple slices. Serve over ice.
- Leave guests with a sweet taste in their mouths by gifting visitors with wrapped caramel apples to take home for dessert.
- Get creative with presentation. A tasty butternut squash soup served in shot glasses is a simple way to start dinner.
- Host an outdoor movie night by renting an inflatable big-screen for the backyard. Ask guests to bring their blankets and give your popcorn some fall flavor with a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spices.
- Who says pumpkin decorating has to skew spooky? Grab some paint and some pumpkins and let the kids channel their creative spirit with bright colors and patterns. Get personal by painting guests names on mini-pumpkins.
- Get autumnal with an apple bar for the kids. Think apple juice, different varieties of apples, homemade applesauce and a candy apple station.
- Party guests more into football than foliage? Set the scene with a faux football field area rug and let smaller guests enjoy “Super Bowl” Ring-Pops.
- Take your beverages up a notch by hollowing out a large pumpkin and placing a bowl inside filled with ice and drinks.
- Nothing says fall like a scarecrow. Make or buy yours but be sure to personalize him (or her) with football jerseys, hats or t-shirts.