On Tuesday, December 18, Riviera Country Club celebrated the Grand Opening of its new 60,000 square foot, two-story “Island Classic” style Clubhouse. The $37 million newly constructed building, which broke ground last year, features a two story 8,000 square foot fitness center and aquatic complex.
Coral Gables dignitaries attended the grand opening celebration including:
- Mayor Raul Valdes-Fauli,
- Vice Mayor Vince Lago
- Commissioner Patricia Keon
- Commissioner Michael Mena
- Mark Trowbridge, President and CEO of Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Patrick O’Connell, Chair of Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
“We are thrilled to offer our current and future members such a beautifully designed and expanded Clubhouse,” said Board President David Olazobal. “Its state-of-the-art restaurants, ballroom, pool and fitness facilities are simply spectacular.”
Riviera Country Club worked with the industry’s leading Architect and Interior Designers, Peacock +Lewis LLC, an award-winning firm that has been providing architecture and interior design services to communities, particularly country clubs since 1961. Riviera also worked with Miami-based Beauchamp Construction, a leader in the construction industry.
The Clubhouse includes:
- A state-of-the-art 6,000 square foot event room that will be able to host 400 members
- A family oriented 8,000 square foot fitness center
- 2,500 square foot Family Grille Dining Room
- Large Pool Deck and adjacent recreation areas
- Aquatic program including a 25-meter Lap Pool and Family Pool
- Wrap around Terraces with views to the newly renovated Golf Course
- New Ceremonial entrance from Blue Road
In January of 2016, the Riviera Country Club reopened its renowned golf course after completing its most ambitious golf course renovation to date. The $10 million project delivered one of the most modern and unique golf course designs in South Florida featuring dramatic elevation changes and the addition of nearly three acres of lakes, among other updates to the course.
Photos: For social pictures of the event please credit Manny Hernandez/ MannyofMiami and clubhouse pics courtesy of Raul Rodriguez, Fotoluminate LLC