Firing up the grill and watching tender cuts sizzle on the grates means a mouthwatering meal is on the way, but don’t forget about the dressings and toppings that make summertime dinners truly delicious.
The next time you want to sear a juicy steak, try this Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter recipe from Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose. Thick, tender filet mignon is grilled to a warm medium-rare doneness, then topped with cool, creamy, homemade butter: its perfect summer sidekick.
Discover more grilling inspiration at omahasteaks.com/summer.
Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Chive Butter
Blue Cheese Chive Butter:
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Filets Mignons
- Omaha Steaks Private Reserve Rub
- To make blue cheese chive butter: In medium bowl, use rubber spatula to fold and incorporate butter, blue cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Section 18 inches of plastic wrap and place blue cheese chive butter about 6 inches above bottom. Take bottom portion of plastic wrap and place over blue cheese chive butter, then shape butter into 1 1/2-inch cylinder.
- Continue to roll butter in plastic; pinch ends of plastic wrap while rolling to tighten cylinder.
- Once size and tightness are achieved, tie off loose ends of plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours, until blue cheese chive butter is chilled and firm.
- To make filet mignon: Bring filet mignons to room temperature, about 20 minutes; pat dry and season on both sides with rub, to taste.
- Prepare grill for 500 degrees Fahrenheit direct heat.
- For medium-rare, place steaks on grill 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until 130-140 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature is reached.
- Rest 7 to 8 minutes before serving.
- Slice chilled blue cheese chive butter into 1/2-inch pieces and place on top of filets.