New shoes can be a great way to update a wardrobe while staying motivated to remain on track with a wellness goal. From platform sneakers to slip-on styles with clean, classic graphics, a range of fresh footwear trends are all the rage. To stay on trend, try these three tips and style ideas on for size.
- Slide on slip-on styles: According to Alyson Stanley, buyer for national retailer Rack Room Shoes, fashion is a form of expression; and right now, comfort and convenience are doing all the talking. The latest slip-on shoes require no lacing up or adjusting Velcro straps, making getting dressed easy and fun for even the youngest family member.
- Shoes to try: Vans’ retro styles come in various vibrant colors and patterns, with sizes for school-aged girls and boys, and parents, too. Additionally, the Nike Flex Runner Slip-On Sneaker is available in fun color combinations and offers plenty of support for children to run, jump and play.
- Reach new heights with chunky soles: When it comes to platform sneakers, there’s no need for subtlety. Bigger is better. Top brands embrace this elevated shoe design in both high-top and low-top versions.
- Shoes to try: This season, Converse offers platform styles that kick it up a notch in a plethora of colors, including white-on-white, pastel shades, animal prints and classic patterns.
- Color block: Athletic shoes adorned with pops of bright colors, such as coral, teal, bubblegum pink and neon green, are a fresh choice to stay motivated to maintain fitness goals all year — and an ideal way to add a unique look to an outfit.
- Shoes to try: Nike’s Air Max Excee sneaker offers a variety of vibrant options for men, women and children.
For one-stop shopping during any season, visit Rack Room Shoes in stores or online at rackroomshoes.com.
“With a few simple updates, embracing this year’s shoe trends can be simple, easy and fun for the whole family,” says Stanley.