BUYERS ARE MOVING FROM CONDOS AND CITIES TO TOP SUBURBS LIKE PINECREST AND PALMETTO BAY
After four months of sheltering at home, working from home, exercising at home, home schooling, and dining/entertaining primarily at home, our homes and communities have become so much more than they ever were before. COVID-19 has redefined what being “at home” means, and more and more people are thinking about moving from condos and cities to more spacious single-family homes in top suburbs like Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay.
Several recent surveys and market data show that COVID-19 is changing what home buyers care most about:
- Quiet, less congested neighborhoods with nice streets for walking and riding bikes
- Outdoor space for kids to play and adults to relax and entertain
- Convenient local shopping including smaller, less busy, specialty stores
- Updated kitchens, large pantries and storage for food and supplies
- One or more extra rooms for home offices, “Zoom Rooms”, gyms, and playrooms/studies
- Ability to close off open spaces for more privacy and quiet time
- Smart-home features like touchless faucets, bidets, and self-cleaning toilets
A flight from cities to top suburbs like Pinecrest and Palmetto Bay – including from New York and other out of town buyers – combined with record low interest rates, months of pent up demand, and relatively low inventory, make now a great time to sell!
If you have been thinking about selling, ask your Realtor® how these trends can help you get top dollar in today’s market.