More than 375 children and young adults received FREE vaccinations on Saturday, August 3, during Vaccinate Broward, a collaboration driven by Broward Health, Memorial Healthcare System, and Community Care Plan, to help ensure that children in Broward County are fully vaccinated.
Vaccinate Broward, which took place at 10 select Broward Health and Memorial Primary Care locations in Broward County, offered vaccinations for children and young adults ages 4-20, including any child who had fallen behind on his or her vaccination schedule and those planning to go to college in the fall.
- DTaP: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Acellular Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- IPV: Inactivated Poliovirus
- MMR: Measles-Mumps-Rubella
- Varicella: Chickenpox
- HPV: Human Papillomavirus Infection
- Tdap: Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Meningococcal: Meningitis
The goal of Vaccinate Broward was to educate the public about disease prevention through vaccination, dispel common misconceptions about vaccinations, and provide free vaccinations to Broward County children and young adults.
To learn more, please visit www.VaccinateBroward.com.